At Western Window Systems, we're committed to helping our dealer partners save time and stay in the know, so we’re sharing a few tips to help you get the most from your common carrier delivery.
- Delivery times are usually between 10 a.m. and noon.
- You will receive a scheduling call on the day your order is due to leave our facility (if no answer, carrier will leave a message).
- To prevent a delivery delay - or re-delivery fee - return the scheduling call within three hours.
- All shipments include a standard tracking number and a link to the common carrier’s website.
- To track your order, contact your inside sales representative.
What to Do When Your Order Arrives
- Verify your company information and order number are correct by consulting the shipping manifest attached to the outside of each crate.
- To ensure you have received all the crates in your order, check the carrier’s Bill of Lading (BoL).
- If there is noticeable damage to the crate but not to the product inside, write "damaged crate" on the carrier’s BoL. Include the number of damaged crates.
- If both the crate and product are damaged, refuse shipment by writing "refused damaged return to shipper" on the carrier’s BoL.
- If no damage issues are noted and you have signed the BoL, your delivery is complete. All products must be inspected within 48 hours.
- Crates can weigh up to 5,000 pounds. Customers are responsible for providing the manpower and equipment to unload crates safely at the time of delivery.
- Common carriers are not responsible for offloading product, providing glass transportation equipment, or checking paperwork.
- We recommend choosing a safe and even location to offload the truck.
- You have three hours to unload your product before incurring an extra charge for additional time.
- You are responsible for dunnage removal. If loose packing material or debris is left to the common carrier to dispose of, you will be charged a minimum dunnage removal fee of $75.
For more information, contact your Western Window Systems representative.